God's Will vs Our Comfort Zone

God often moves us out of our comfort zones. He stretches our faith. Consider this; when Jesus called Peter and Andrew, in Matthew 4:18-20, the Lord simply said, “follow me”, and they immediately left the familiar and headed into the unfamiliar. From then on, they followed Jesus. 

The same thing is recorded about James and John in Matthew 4:21-22. Both men had to make a major adjustment that affected the rest of their lives.  But Jesus gave them a promise in Mark 10:29-30, “There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands for my sake, and the gospel’s. But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time…; and in the world to come eternal life.” Nothing is more important than the will of God. Nothing! You might say, my job is important, my career is important, my family is important, my church is important, but I tell you again, nothing is more important than following an instruction from God, whatever that might be. 

I have nothing that wasn’t given to me by God. Everything I have, I can attribute to God’s goodness, grace, and reward for obedience to His call on my life. Almost forty-five years ago, my wife and I were living in Charlotte, North Carolina, when God saved me and called me to preach His Word. We were willing to leave everything behind to follow God’s leading. Now, since that step of obedience, we have far more than we left behind. 

I am happy, fulfilled, at peace with myself and with God. Why? Because I’m in the will of God. I’m doing what God has called me to do. Are you doing the will of God for your life? “Selah” – think about it. 

The Pastor’s Pocket

Pastor Bruce Freeman

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God