Guard Your "Inner Circle"

You must guard your “inner circle”…

You must carefully choose who you will allow to become your close friends.  Why? Because we tend to become like the people we associate with on a regular basis.  Proverbs 13:20 says, “He that walketh with wise men, shall be wise, but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”

The book of Proverbs has much to say about our associations, our relationships with people, and for good reason.  We can so easily be influenced by others. (Study Proverbs 1:10 &15 - 14:7 - 22:24-25)

Building the right kind of friendships can prove beneficial to us. Becoming involved with the wrong crowd can prove harmful, even disastrous!  Remember the story in 2 Samuel 13:3; “Amnon had a friend…”  A friend named Jonadab, who led him to wickedness.

As parents – monitor the friendships your children develop.  How many times have you witnessed good kids influenced by the wrong crowd?

In high school, I stayed clear of bad influences.  I played sports; basketball, baseball, track, and cross country.  In those days, if you were caught smoking, drinking, or found at a party doing something immoral, you were kicked off of the team.  I loved sports too much to run with the guys who did bad things.  But that changed in my senior year.  I got hooked up with a rock band and for the next 3 years of my life, the devil took me for a ride. Thank the Lord, I got saved at 21 and pulled away from the wrong crowd.  My life would have been different if I hadn’t.

You must exercise discretion when it comes to your associations! Guard your “inner circle”. You’ll be glad you did! Take if from someone who learned the hard way. 


Pastor Bruce Freeman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God