Turning Points

In Genesis 18 we read where the Lord appeared to Abraham in the plains of Mamre. Then in Exodus 3 we read that at Horeb, the mountain of God, the angel of the Lord appeared to Moses in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. 

We must always celebrate turning points in our lives.  It is important that we attach significance to the places where God speaks to us. Throughout the Bible, we see God revealing His will to various people at specific places. In Acts 9, Paul, on the road to Damascus was told what God wanted him to do.  At the brook Cherith, God told Elijah to go to Zerephath because He had commanded a widow to sustain him during a famine (I Kings 17).  Over and over in the book of Jeremiah it says, “and the Word of the Lord came to me saying”. At specific places, God spoke to the prophet Jeremiah, and revealed to him what he was to do. 

The greatest day of my life happened at a specific place, a church altar in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was there that I received Christ and God called me to preach.  There have been other times in unique places where God has spoken to my heart and revealed something to me. 

I’m sure all of us have and will experience turning points in our Christian life.  We must celebrate those wonderful moments and thank the Lord that He chose to speak to our heart.  Can you remember specific places where God changed your life? 

The Pastor’s Pocket

Pastor Bruce Freeman

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God