Life's Challenges

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a stress-free life? Answer: It sure would. But consider the flowers that will never bloom without first pressing through the soil. Without pressure, none of us will ever reach our full potential as tried and tested human beings. 

Back in my Bible College days, I was in my early twenties. My schedule was very hectic. I was married. Cindy and I had our first child. I was working 40 plus hours a week and taking 14-16 semester hours of college courses. I began classes at 7:30 am, left school for work around 2 pm, worked every night until 9 pm, and worked every Saturday. Sundays were full of ministry at church. I look back and wonder how I didn’t pass out from exhaustion. But that stressful season prepared me for other stressful seasons to come. I guess there is no such thing as a stress-free life. We all have challenges of some kind, and they just keep coming. 

Jesus said in Matthew 11:28, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” If we learn to rest in Him, life will be more rewarding and, in the end, we can be more fruitful, despite the load we are under. 

Do you want to become like a flower that blooms? Take the stress in stride, rest in Jesus.  Allow Him to bear the load and press on.

 

The Pastor’s Pocket

Pastor Bruce Freeman

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God