At The Wheel

Psalm 31:1, “In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.” 

As a boy, my dad would sometimes let me sit in his lap and steer the car on the way home from the Post Office. This was before power steering; it was a 1960 Chevrolet. I would do well until we met a car or a truck. Then I would panic! Dad’s instruction to me was this, “Just watch your side of the road son, stay in your lane.” Whenever I would start to lose it, dad would take the wheel. 

If Jesus has never had control of the wheel in your life, give it to Him. Your soul, your career, your marriage; yield everything to His control. Avoid the temptation to take the wheel yourself when life gets rough. If you think you can handle it all by yourself, you’re wrong. Confess, every day, “Lord, take the wheel.  I don’t have the wisdom to tackle all that I might face today.” Pray, ask for His guidance to help you stay in your lane. Trust the Lord, moment by moment, as the day goes by. Let Jesus keep the wheel. He will lead you safely home, and life will be a lot less stressful. 

 

The Pastor’s Pocket

Pastor Bruce Freeman

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God