Jesus often told someone to do something that didn’t make sense, but they followed His instructions anyway and were blessed. Some even witnessed a miracle. 

If we remember who God is – the Almighty – the Sovereign Lord of the universe, we should have no problem doing what He instructs us to do. Someone wrote a song several years ago that said, “If God said it, I believe it, and that settles it for me.” The fact is; if God says it, that settles it, whether you believe it or not. 

FACT: The Bible is God’s infallible, inerrant Word. Why should we believe that? Because God said so (I Timothy 3:16).

FACT: Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. Why should we believe that? Because Jesus said so (John 14:6)

FACT: Lost sinners that reject Christ go to hell. Many say, “I can’t accept that.” Well, that is a fact because God said so (Matthew 23:33).

FACT: Jesus is coming again. He said it himself, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3 

God gives us many instructions in His Word. All of which we should follow and obey. Why? Because the instruction you follow determines the future you create. No one succeeds who ignores the instructions of God. If you simply obey, you create your own future of blessing and joy.

The Pastor’s Pocket

Pastor Bruce Freeman

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God