All Things New

Revelation 21:5 says, “And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a total makeover? You know, those before and after pictures? A brand new you? Well, a makeover on the outside does not guarantee a change on the inside. However, God really does change people. It happened to me many years ago when I surrendered my life to the Lord Jesus Christ. When God does His transforming work, it begins internally, and it is truly transforming. Consider with me just how God can bring about the all-new-you. It begins with the new birth (John 3:3). I’ve had one birth I can’t remember, and one I can’t forget. God can take the worst of sinners, and by His grace, make them a child of God, and birth in them eternal life. With a new birth comes a new nature. We are given a desire to love the Lord and to serve Him (2 Peter 1:4). 

With this internal transformation we receive a new name – sons of God. We make new friends; people in the body of Christ, His church (1 Corinthians 12:13). Then one day we arrive in our new home, that heavenly city built four-square (Revelation 21:1-4). That home is paid for, storms cannot destroy it, no one will break into it, it’s built by God’s own loving hand. If you have experienced this awesome makeover, then rejoice! It’s irreversible. 

John Newton once said, “I am not all I ought to be, wish to be, hope to be, but by the grace of God, I’m not what I was. John Newton is the Anglican minister who wrote the words to “Amazing Grace”. Only God can truly create in you a new you. Open your heart by faith. Trust Jesus.  Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and He will, no doubt, make all things new in your life.

 

The Pastor’s Pocket

Pastor Bruce Freeman

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God