Thank Him for Your Thorns

  

We all know about Paul’s “thorn in the flesh”. He perceived it as something that kept him from being exalted above measure (2 Corinthians 12:7). I guess none of us would consider the thorns to be the nicest part of a rose. However, I read once of a blind preacher in Scotland who wrote in his journal this prayer: “O God–I must thank thee for my thorn! Teach me the glory of my cross, my thorn. Show me that I climb to Thee on the path of pain and that my tears have made my rainbow”.

It is a step toward Christian maturity when we can truly be thankful for the crosses we have to bear and the thorns we have to endure. “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you" (I Thessalonians 5:18). 

Let your tears supply the moisture for your own rainbow and allow your personal pain to take you closer to God.


The Pastor’s Pocket
Pastor Bruce Freeman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God