Grace in the middle of disasters



Where were you on September 11, 2001? 
Most likely you remember it well. 

I was in New York – just two miles from “ground zero”.  I will never forget that day.  The sky was clear and the air was brisk with just a tinge of fall in the air. There were four of us men heading towards the World Trade Center towers when we noticed a plume of black smoke pouring out of the one of the buildings. I kept thinking, “How will they ever put out a fire in a building 110 stories high?” 

Before the day was over, two of the most recognizable buildings in the New York skyline were gone!  The Pentagon in Washington, DC had a hole in one side and a plane had crashed in Pennsylvania.  America had been attacked by a faceless enemy and fear had gripped the nation.  None of us would ever forget the tragic events of 9/11.
 
Had I gotten to the area of lower Manhattan 15 minutes earlier, I most likely wouldn’t be the Pastor of Faith Baptist Church today. 
Why do things happen like they do sometimes?  If I knew the answer to that question, I’d be God.  Since I’m not, I’ll just be thankful that He watches over me – my life is in His hands.  Never take a single day of your life for granted my friend!

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God