Ministry of Prayer

 

“…Could ye not watch with Me one hour?  Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Matthew 26:40 & 41).
If we want happy homes (a happy spouse and happy children), successful churches and a nation that honors God, someone will have to “pray the price”.  Pray the price – think about it. Prayer by men who are passionate about the Lord can get it done!
Every genuine revival I know anything about was first bathed in prayer.  This “one hour” thing convicts me, challenges me, and maybe it does you too.  There are 24 hours in each day.  Can we not find “one hour” to get alone with God and talk to Him?  The scripture teaches me that Jesus, at this present moment, is in heaven making intercession in prayer for us (Hebrews 7:25).  Think about it – you and I are on His prayer list right now!
This thing called prayer is so important that the Son of God has a continuing ministry with prayer.  Yes, He prayed when He was on the earth, but He continues to pray.  Can’t I at least follow in His example and find one hour to “pray the price” for my country, my church, my family?
I’m challenging men to pray!  Will you be one to pursue a ministry of prayer?  The rewards are incredible!

Pastor Bruce Freeman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God