Happy Father's Day!


 A Father to the Fatherless

(Psalm 68:5a)

Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads!

As a father myself, having raised two daughters, I am reminded today of the blessing it is from God to be a Dad. Every person on earth had a man who fathered them (two female lovers still cannot pro-create! Just thought I’d throw that in).

Fatherhood is about relationship. There is a biological connection for every person and the man who fathered them. It is sad today, but the statistics are real. Seventy five percent of all incarcerated men (and boys) declare they never had a good or “normal” relationship with their father. Was he absent? Did he care? Did he take the time to love, instruct, or discipline? Was he too busy to have a relationship with his son? Every child suffers when their relationship with their father is skewed in some way.

Psalm 68:5 reminds us that God (Heavenly Father) will be there for the abandoned. Put your trust in the “Father” who will never disappoint you!

Dads – let’s work at it! May God help us to take fatherhood seriously and do all we can to leave a godly legacy to our children. Someday they will hug you and say, “Thank you Dad. I love you for being my father who loved me and helped me so much!” That my brothers, is worth more than a million pieces of gold!

Again – Happy Father’s Day!

The Pastor's Pocket
Pastor Bruce Freeman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God