"Fear Not"

 

Did you know that “fear not” is the command most often repeated in the Bible? 

It’s true! Fear and timidity are never God’s will for His people, never an option for children of the living God.

Fear and faith are opposites. When fear walks in, faith walks out, yet we know without faith it is impossible to please Him (Hebrews 11:6). If we want to please God, we must conquer fear and walk in faith.  Oh, I know, there are a hundred reasons to be afraid; high energy prices, home foreclosures, wars, civil unrest, sickness and disease.  The list goes on and on. Yet the Lord would have us trust Him with our fears and not worry.

I love Psalm 46:1,2a, “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear…”  A choice is involved here. Either we worry all day, or we trust God. To live in fear is as much a disobedience to God as stealing or lying!  Most of us haven’t thought of worry like this.  Instead of living in fear, why not pray instead.  Give your fears to the Lord and claim this promise, “I sought the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears” (Psalm 34:4).


The Pastor’s Pocket

Pastor Bruce Freeman

Comments

  1. Yes!! I cried out to him with my whole body shaking uncontrollably and He delivered me from the stronghold of fear. He is with me and for me in my darkest days and is my help in every moment. Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God