Wait! Stay Awhile...

 

“Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for Thee” Psalm 25:21

Wait? Oh my Preacher, that is so hard to do! I hear you. Waiting seems difficult, useless, and even impossible to do. But, it does have a significant role to play in our development and growth process.

This generation is one of rush, rush; hurry, hurry. I believe one of Satan’s tactics is to speed us up, bypassing the blessing that comes with lingering in the presence of God. We must learn to enjoy the now, to savor the present moment. After all, it has taken us a lifetime to get here!

Yesterday is in the tomb, tomorrow is in the womb. Today, this moment, is all we have. So why do we find it so hard to wait on the Lord if that’s what He instructs us to do? I have made many a blunder by failing to wait on God. Pushing though my agenda seldom works out.

Here are some tips to help you and I wait when necessary: (1) Waiting is hurry’s enemy. Patience brings power, vision, motivation and perseverance. All are things that we need (Isaiah 4:28-3). (2) True change occurs in the presence of God. Our impatience will cost us valuable time with our Maker, and we may make the biggest mistake of our life if we don’t wait on Him. (3) If we learn to “stay awhile” in His presence, we can hear His voice; hope can be birthed; wounds can be healed; confusion can disappear; love can be re-ignited; anger will subside; true joy will return.

I am learning the benefits of waiting – are you?

The Pastor's Pocket

Written by Pastor Bruce Freeman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are You Ready?

Shopping Season

Trusting God